Each year FaithAction relies upon the generosity of community volunteers and interns to help staff best serve, educate and connect our diverse community. We require all volunteers to attend an orientation that is provided 4 times per year prior to working with FaithAction. We additionally require a resume and in person interview for interested interns. Potential areas of help needed from volunteers and interns include:
- Assisting new immigrants with job readiness assistance
- Accompanying immigrants on health care and other social service appointments
- Providing ESL and computer class assistance
- Being an ambassador of FaithAction to your faith community
- Collecting and organizing food and diaper donations
- Participating in our Stranger to Neighbor and advocacy events
- Making copies and filing documents for our legal assistance program
- Assisting with FaithAction ID drives
Bi-lingual volunteers are especially needed for one on one assistance with immigrants that we serve, and will be added to an “on call” email list as needs arise. In addition to the orientation, all volunteers and interns will be screened and asked to sign a confidentiality form!
Our next volunteer orientation and training will take place on Friday, April 7th from 5:30-7:00pm at FaithAction (705 N. Greene Street, on the corner of Fisher and Greene Streets).